This world has tried to convince us to mark our days by the standards of industry, technology, and empire — productivity, performance and pursuit — and to measure and define our lives by the tempo of striving.
Yet the rhythms thrumming in our veins remind us that we are guided by forces more powerful than the promptings of a civil calendar.
Those drawn toward the earth will feel the pull of nature in the change of seasons, calling us to burrow, germinate, root, sprout, blossom, harvest, release what has gone to seed, compost…then (re)cycle through this organic unfolding again and again.
Those drawn toward the sky will feel “the full and change of the moon” summoning us to align with its peaks and plummets in order to discern from its energetic flow when to build, create, amplify, illuminate, pause, contemplate, rest, release, dismantle, renovate.
Whether we are drawn to one source or both, the call is the same:
- Cease striving!
- Release yourself from the matrix of scarcity that tells you there isn’t enough, that you don’t do enough, that you don’t have enough, that you are not enough!
- Rest in the rhythm of Spirit!
- Replenish your energy by relishing in experiences that delight you!
- Nurture and trust your intuition!
- Know that there is an optimal order, timing and season for all things!
I was blessed to be introduced to the we’moon calendar almost 16 years ago and have found freedom in reclaiming my connection to moon wisdom.
I’ve learned to attune my teaching and practice schedules with the seasons, encouraging those who study/practice with me to do the same.
Listening deeply to these guiding rhythms has helped me live a life more sacred.