Relaxing our grip. Cultivating steadiness in the face of challenge and change. A timeless and always relevant topic was proposed for this Sunday’s monthly contemplation and discussion: Non-Attachment!
3 Jewels Yoga Sangha will explore the sticky dimensions of attachment — including in our exploration the relationship of Non-Attachment to Equanimity (steadiness or evenness of mind); the subtle differences we might experience between Non-Attachment and Detachment; and, what the 4 Noble Truths remind us, that suffering arises from clinging or craving.
The Second Mindfulness Training | Non-Attachment to Views
Aware of the suffering created by attachment to views and wrong perceptions, we are determined to avoid being narrow-minded and bound to present views. We are committed to learning and practicing non-attachment from views and being open to other’s insights and experiences in order to benefit from the collective wisdom. Insight is revealed through the practice of compassionate listening, deep looking, and letting go of notions rather than through the accumulation of intellectual knowledge. We are aware that the knowledge we presently possess is not changeless, absolute truth. Truth is found in life, and we will observe life within and around us in every moment, ready to learn throughout our lives.
- Lion’s Roar ~ www.lionsroar.com/sit-like-a-mountain-an-image-of-e…/
- Insight Meditation Center ~ www.insightmeditationcenter.org/…/articl…/equanimity/
- Buddha Net ~ www.buddhanet.net/ss06.htm
On The Four Noble Truths
- Lion’s Roar ~ www.lionsroar.com/buddhism-by-the-numbers-the-four-…/
On The Four Parameters of Clinging + Co-Dependent Arising of Clinging/Craving
- BuddhaSasana ~ www.budsas.org/ebud/ebdha284.htm
- Access to Insight ~ www.accesstoinsight.org/tipitaka/sn/sn12/sn12.002.than.html
- Vipassana ~ www.vipassana.com/resources/nutshell_paticcasamuppada.php
- Thich Nhat Hanh Dharma Talks http://tnhaudio.org/2012/12/02/a-new-teaching-on-the-twelve-nidanas/
- Access to Insight ~ www.accesstoinsight.org/lib/authors/harris/bl141.html
On The Mindfulness Trainings (Plum Village)
- 5 Mindfulness Trainings ~ http://plumvillage.org/mindfulness-practice/the-5-mindfulness-trainings/
- 14 Mindfulness Trainings ~ http://plumvillage.org/mindfu…/the-14-mindfulness-trainings/